Sunday, January 19, 2014

When Gods "were" reduced to mere mortals

This time, when I was back in my home in Kolkata last month, I dug into some of my old diaries to dig out this article. This article written by Simon Barnes - originally for The Times, London was reproduced in The Statesman in Kolkata. This is from December, 2004 - some time after Arsenal's unbeaten run has been ended at Old Trafford. If you search the internet, you will find this particular article behind The Times' paywall. Hence the picture makes sense.
I have never been of the habit of cutting up and preserving newspaper articles, but I did make an exception for this particular article. It was a fantastic (if somewhat depressing) read then. It is still a fantastic read now. Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Copy Pasting from this site is allowed only if you give credits. Ok ?