Thursday, January 21, 2010

Unhappy feet

There was always something wrong with them.
It all began when I discovered that my trusted pair of Sandals had got torn and could not be worn again. After a brief period of grief, I decided that it was time to get a new pair. Now, coming from Kolkata as I do, I am a bit of a sucker for Bata. And conveniently enough, there is a Bata store just about 500 metres from my house. So I hopped over there, chose a smart looking black coloured pair and came home, satisfied with my latest acquisition.
Things took a slightly odd turn next day. Accompanied by a visting friend, I was walking on the road towards the market, wearing my new sandals. Within a minute, I felt something wrong with my feet. I checked and found out that my left feet had a sandal of size of 8 and the right one - size 9 !! I entered the Bata store immediately (which was luckily along the way) and demanded an immediate exchange of my left sandal. Overcoming their feeble protests, of the sandals not quite being in pristine condition, was not to much of a problem, as I visibly demonstrated my shock at this atrocity on my feet. It's a separate matter that coming home having bought sandals of two different sizes is carelessness of unacceptable magnitude.
The next few days were uneventful in the lives of these sandals, with me not wearing them too much. In between, I had got into the stupid habbit of keeping my footwear outside my door. However, last Saturday morning, when I went to wear them, I could not find them. I was absolutely shocked to see them missing. Preliminary investigations did not reveal much as to who might have liked them a bit too much.
Alas, it seems that they are lost forever. And I am back to being in another grieving period :( . (With Holmes not releasing in Mangalore anytime soon, I have given up hopes of recovering them, much like Sir Henry Baskervilles had to do in The Hound of the Baskervilles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. Copy Pasting from this site is allowed only if you give credits. Ok ?